Christines Chocolate Christmas Tart
Base 250g biscuits =crushed 100g butter 50g dark chocolate or
GF Base 100g almond meal 100g hazelnut meal 50g coconut
Filling 250ml thickened cram 360g dark chocolate 50g butter 1 tsp coffee granules 1 tbsp boiling water 200ml crème fraiche
- 1. Melt butter and dark chocolate together in a small saucepan
- 2. Place crushed biscuits in a bowl and add the butter / chocolate mixture and combine well.
- 3. Press into a 20cm flan tin, using the back of a spoon to push well into all the fluted sides
- 4. In a double boiler, over simmering water, add cream, chocolate, butter and the coffee dissolved in the boiling water.
- 5. Mix together until chocolate is melted and all the ingredients are combined into a very shiny mixture.
- 6. Allow to cool for around 10min before folding in the crème fraiche and stir very well until the crème fraiche and mix is combined with no white is showing
- 7. Pour onto the biscuit base in the flan tin, and tap the flan gently on the bench to remove any air bubbles.
- 8. Chill for 2 hours or overnight.
- 9. Decorate with whipped cream and berries of your choice
- 10. Enjoy !