Not Wallaby and Wattle Baked Risotto
- 1½ cup sushi rice (okay to substitute Arborio or other); uncooked
- 4½ cup chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 cup finely grated Parmesan
- knob of butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- OPT: chicken and pumpkin shown; substitutions discussed
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (355°F in American). Place the rice and stock in a oven-safe covered casserole dish.
- Siôn’s variation: half a butternut pumpkin cubed, 3 poached chicken thighs
- Substitutions: hard vegetables can go in with rice, and stock. Chicken and other soft parts get stirred in with the parmesan.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake for 25 minutes, then check every five minutes, or until most of the stock is absorbed and the rice is al dente.
- Stir through the parmesan, butter, salt and pepper and serve immediately.
- Serves 4